Friday, October 24, 2008

American Tim Tam Slam

Since it's been close to four years since I was living Down Under, I haven't had a Tim Tam Slam in a long time.  With wanting a warm drink and cookie dessert one Sunday evening, I came up with this nice little recipe:
  • 3/4 cup hot water
  • 1 or 2 chunks (equal to 1 or 2 spoonfuls) of Milo that you can scrape off from the solid mass that is left from a few years ago
  • 1 heaping spoonful of dark Belgian hot chocolate mix
  • 1 to 2 tablespoons of milk
  • One chocolate chip cookie, warmed up in the microwave for somewhere between 10-15 seconds, depending upon your microwave
Pour water over Milo chunks in mug.  Stir for about 20 seconds to make sure all chunks are dissolved.  Add heaping spoonful of hot chocolate mix and stir in.  Then add just enough milk to top off the mug (about 1 to 2 tablespoons).  Dip the warm chocolate chip cook in the hot Milo/chocolate drink, and let it almost start to dissolve before pulling it out and taking a sumptuous bite.  Then drink in chocolate-ty goodness.  Repeat the previous two steps until finished.

2 comments:

Tierney Kirk said...

Ha! Sounds like a good plan to me. I sure miss Tim Tam Slams!

Jen said...

So I was blog surfing and came across your blog...hi! And I have some news for you, pepperidge farm came up with a TIM TAM and you can buy it at target!!!